If you crave the intense flavour of cheese with your Spaghetti Bolognese, don’t despair. There are loads of lovely vegan cheeses available, or you can easily make this inexpensive and nutritious cheesy flavouring.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons savoury yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon nori or wakame flakes
- Put a frying pan over a gentle heat. When it is warm, add the sesame seeds and toast until they are very light brown, agitating the pan, or stirring them around with a wooden spoon, all the time.
- Add the yeast flakes and nori and allow to cool. Then put everything into a spice grinder and blitz it. I keep a cheap coffee grinder just for grinding seeds and spices, which is perfect for this recipe, though you could also use a food processor.
This will store in the fridge for ages.